Read one of the Teen Top Ten Nominees (listed below) and design a new cover of original artwork. All submissions are due by August 12.
Rules for Book Cover Art Contest:
- Must be a Teen Top Ten book nominee
- Must turn in by August 12th
- You must create it yourself, no using a different book’s cover
- Can drop off your sketch at a Granville County Library System branch near you or send us a picture through Facebook.
- Sketches can be digital or physical. Bring whatever you come up with.
- Only one sketch per person!
- All identifying information will be removed so that the material can be judged anonymously.
- Ages 12-18
- Accepting sketches July 30th – August 12th
2014 Teen Top Ten nominees:
- “The Nightmare Affair” by Mindee Arnett
- “Of Triton” by Anna Banks
- “Siege and Storm” by Leigh Bardugo
- “Love in the time of Global Warming” by Francesca Lia Block
- “The Testing” by Joelle Charbonneau
- “Earth Girl” By Janet Edwards
- “The Clockwork Scarab” by Colleen Gleason
- “Maybe I Will” by Laurie Gray
- “The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die” by April Henry
- “Splintered” by A. G. Howard
- “Teardrop” by Lauren Kate
- “Openly Straight” by Bill Konigsberg
- “Monument 14” by Emmy Laybourne
- “Six Months Later” by Natalie D. Richards
- “Eleanor & Park” by Rainbow Rowell
- “This Song Will Save Your Life” by Leila Sales
- “Steelheart” by Brandon Sanderson
- “The Rithmatist” by Brandon Sanderson
- “This is What Happy Looks Like” by Jennifer E. Smith
- “Winger” by Andrew Smith
- “A Midsummer Night’s Scream” by R.L. Stine
- “Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea” by April Tucholke
- “In The Shadow of Blackbirds” by Cat Winters
- “The 5th Wave” by Rick Yancey
Three Sentence Story Contest
Submit an original three sentence story at your closest Granville County Library System branch or through our Google Form (link below). Stories must be suitable for all audiences.
Submissions begin July 30th and end August 12th.
Winners announced August 13th. Submissions can be online through Google Forms or on paper at your local branch.