Granville County Library System Internet User Policy
All users of the Internet are expected to use this resource in a responsible and courteous manner, consistent with the purposes for which it is provided. Responsible and courteous use includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Respecting the legal protection provided by copyright and license to programs and data.
- Respecting the computers and computer systems and not interfere with or disrupt network users, services, programs software or equipment.
- Refraining from using the Internet for illegal or unethical use.
- Respecting the privacy of others.
- Refraining from transmitting threatening, harassing or abusive language or images.
- Respecting the Library’s Internet capabilities as public access and understanding that not all Internet sources are appropriate for public viewing by all ages.
Tampering with the library’s computers and other illegal activities violate library policy and state and/or federal laws (North Carolina General Statutes 14-190.15). Noncompliance may result in suspension or loss of privilege to use the Library’s access to the Internet.
Staff assistance is available to provide limited instruction or, as time permits, to locate information for patrons. At this time, the Library cannot guarantee that a trained staff member will be available at all times for assistance. Staff can provide information about training sessions along with suggestions of books, magazines and other materials concerning the Internet.